Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year, New Shows

A new year has begun and so many people are making resolutions. I try my hardest NOT to make resolutions because they always seem to be of the "get healthier" and "loose weight" vein. And I never seem to keep them. My "fat girl Christmas tree" is proof of that!

I decided to have a New Year's resolution though. This year it is going to be theater related. My goal is to see more new shows. Not just new to me. Original shows.
It won't be the majority of shows I see. But it will help me to back up my claim of lack of originality. I want to be able to support original shows. After all, weren't all shows original at some point in time?

We'll see how it goes.... maybe I'll keep this resolution. Maybe not. Either way, I think it will be fun to give it a try.

C.S. Lewis - "Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often if has been told before) you will, nine times our of ten, become original without ever having noticed it."

No comments:

Post a Comment