Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Exhaustion

Exhaustion is what happens after a 12 hour car ride, 4 1/2 hour bus ride one way to get to New York City, only to spend a couple of days and then do it all in reverse.


Exhaustion is what happened to me this past weekend. But in spite of all of that, I had a fantastic time and got a fairly good dose of Broadway in the process (along with visiting with some awesome friends, meeting some new friends, and eating waaayy too much great New York food).

Before my roommate and I took off on our trip, we bought tickets to see La Cage Aux Folles and American Idiot. These were pre-planned shows. We figured we would do TKTS or lotto tickets for anything else we wanted to see.

La Cage Aux Folles was a show I'd never seen before. American Idiot, I'd seen twice already. I plan on writing reviews of both shows because it turns out that we ended up seeing American Idiot twice and had no time for another show (we missed the Saturday matinee because of time/travel restraints). We did, however, get to make a quick trip to SoHo to see John Gallagher Jr perform one night. That was an interesting night. That will also probably be it's own blog post.

You know, it's weird for me to be in New York. Even though I'm a tourist in so very many ways, I've been there enough times that places like Times Square give me the creeps and I rarely take more than a couple of pictures the whole trip. Sure, I still cart around my backpack and my map. But I also step out of the middle of the sidewalk if I feel the need to look at said map. Unlike about a million and two tourists that feel the need to stop and look at their maps or take pictures of random buildings (not even good ones like the Empire State Building!).

Either way, I always have fun and leave exhausted each and every trip. And I always make new friends each time I go (this makes it so much easier... I have more floors to sleep on!). Anyway, enough rambling from me. Stories and reviews to follow later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment