Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Announcement of 2013-14 TPAC Broadway Series Season

Last night the Tennessee Performing Arts Center announced their 2013-2014 Broadway season. Every year they have an event that the public is invited to (free of charge; you just have to RSVP) in which they announce the shows, have food, champagne, and other fun items.

Usually I am unable to make the trip down for this event. I’d never been before this year, but it just so happened that I was going to be in Nashville yesterday, for an unrelated reason. I figured that if I was already going to be down there, I might as well stick around for said event.

Choosing to stay in Nashville for several more hours was worth it. The evening was packed with things I wasn’t expecting, and a chance to be one of the first people to know the coming season for TPAC.

The season was announced as follows:


Jersey Boys – October 29 thru November 3, 2013

We Will Rock You – November 12 thru 17, 2013

Ghost: The Musical – February 25 thru March 2, 2014

Sister Act: The Musical – March 11 thru 16, 2014

Million Dollar Quartet – May 6 thru 11, 2014

War Horse – June 3 – 8, 2014

The shows in their “add-ons” season are as follows:


Disney’s Beauty & the Beast – September 24-29, 2013

A Christmas Carol (in partnership with StudioTenn) – December 12 – 22, 2013

Wicked – March 26 – April 20, 2014

I Love Lucy: Live on Stage – January 14-26, 2013

In addition to the announcements were some pretty amazing things. The cast of Million Dollar Quartet performed, as did an actor from Jersey Boys. But the highlight of the evening was an appearance by Joey. In case you don’t know, Joey is the horse that is the main character in War Horse. He came out on stage and charmed the entire audience (myself included). Joey is enough reason to so see War Horse. We then got to see how Joey is operated by his puppeteers and were even given a lesson in making horse (horse-y??) sounds.


Afterwards, the reception in the lobby included a chance to visit with some of the actors, lots of food from local Nashville eateries, and even a few souvenirs from some of the shows coming to Nashville in the next season.

Which shows are you most looking forward to? What would you pass on? What would have rather seen? Personally, Jersey Boys and War Horse are on my list of “must-see” shows. I may make my way down for others, but those two are the two I’m most looking forward to.

Season tickets can be purchased or renewed right now and single tickets will go on sale at a later date. For a look at what’s coming in 2013-14, I’ve put the official TPAC trailer below! 


No comments:

Post a Comment