Wednesday, May 25, 2011

VACATION

So I just got back from a whirlwind, probably once in a lifetime trip to New York City. I go as often as I can, but I never stay for more than a few days. Basically, I can't afford to stay very long. NYC is expensive.

But this year I have several things to celebrate/numb the pain for (my 30th birthday *cringe*, having lived well with diabetes for 25 years *yay!*, and my 5 year anniversary at my job *ug*) so I splurged. I spent 6 days in New York (Brooklyn, to be more specific) and got to do some pretty amazing things while I was at it.


Of course, me being me, I saw 5 shows while I was there. And I'm proud to report that I have good things to say about all of them. Also, a plus toward my New Year's Resolution, I saw 2 original shows. And for the first time in my Broadway going history, I officially saw more straight plays than musicals while I was there. Kind of a shocker if you consider the fact that I am a musical junkie.

Here are some things I learned while on this trip to New York:

1.) Rush tickets are HARD to get (at least to the shows I wanted them for).

2.) Brooklyn is a long way from mid-town Manhattan

3.) Apparently it likes to rain several days in a row in New York. That's never happened to me before. It also made me realize I need to buy some rain boots.

4.) Theatres can be freakishly COLD sometimes. Even in May.

5.) Everyone knows someone from Tennessee. Or Texas.

Obviously, show reviews will be coming over the next several days. It may take up to a couple of weeks to get them all up because I'm busy. But I'll have them up as soon as I can get them written. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment