Friday, February 11, 2011

Season Tickets and Future Plans

So the other day I finally got around to purchasing my season tickets for the Cumberland County Playhouse. I've never had season tickets to anything before, so this is new for me. And I kinda like it. It means that I'll see at least 14 productions this year. :) Which probably means 14 reviews, give or take a couple, for my blog.

First up, I'm going to see Camp Rock in a couple of weeks. Yup, CCP is doing Camp Rock. I saw High School Musical last year (?) when they did it. I took my sister. She had a blast. This year, I'm taking her and her boyfriend (gasp! When did my little sister grow up??).

Truth be known, I would have gone to see them both anyway, even without having a younger sister to take. I love musicals. HSM and Camp Rock play a part in bringing our young people back to the musical (even if it isn't in the classic sense). And, I own Camp Rock on DVD. I asked for it for Christmas last year... and got it! :)

But even before that, my alma mater, Tennessee Tech University, will be doing a production of The Vagina Monologues. They've done it every year for a while. I saw it twice when I was in college (I won't say how long ago that was...). This time, I'm going to see it for an alternative reason (other than just because it's a good show). One of my best friends (and former roommate) is going to be in it. I'm so excited to see it next weekend.

So, my 1 reader out there, be prepared for some more posts coming your way soon!

2 comments:

  1. You have more than one reader!!! I've been lurking all your post - I just don't comment because I never have anything insightful to contribute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nat and I look forward to this!!!

    ReplyDelete